Adaptors for Ground Based Testing
Aerospace Testing Adaptors
Everyday, engineers are confronted with a test where the relevant adaptor required to connect the testing apparatus to the engine is not available, so the problem may be resolved by making the connection with a multitude of adaptors, and in many cases expensive flight parts, multiplying the possibility of galling the thread on the engine, and having an expensive adaptation or too many adaptors and an unacceptable amount of leak points..
Custom Fittings are highly regarded as a supplier to the Aerospace Industry, for 316 Stainless steel ground based adaptors for testing applications, whether from our stock range or manufactured to our clients specifications.EnquireClose
The Aerospace Standards
Here at Custom Fittings we pride ourselves on being as flexible as possible. Manufacturing a commercial testing adaptor to the correct standard is crucial so that it is identical to the flight part it is mating with. Custom Fittings supply adaptors conforming to all Aerospace standards. The list below shows an example of the more popular:-
- AS.33514 - 24° internal cone, External thread, Flareless type
- EN.6123 - 24° internal cone, External thread, Flareless type, Extra Fine thread pitch
- NAS1760 - Flareless Acorn fitting
- AS4207 - External Thread, Beam Seal male
- AS4209 - Internal Thread, Beam Seal swivel female
- AS4395 - External Thread, 37° Flared
- AS4375 - 24° internal cone, External thread, Flareless type
- BS5200 - BSP 60° cone seat & 'O' Ring FItting
- J514 - 37° Flared JIC fitting
- And many more
- Send us your complete enquiry with a description of what you would like and if possible with a drawing file attached.
- We review the enquiry and quote you for producing the adaptors.
- You give us the go ahead
- We manufacture the adaptor which goes through our rigorous inspection process.
- We then despatch the adaptors to your location wherever in the world using our international Courier partners.
"I have witnessed expensive flight parts being used unnecessarily for testing. An adaptor for testing needs to be every bit identical and conform to the Aerospace standards. This was the challenge for Custom Fittings, to manufacture affordable ‘not for flight’ aerospace adaptors that are suitable for testing. It has been over 16 years since our first Aerospace order, and over the years we have amassed hundreds of standards and thousands of drawings, and now with some of the most reputable companies in the Aerospace industry having dedicated stocks of our aerospace testing adaptors."
Mark Crowther - Sales Director